Austin Dacanay- Philippine Volcanoes- Getting to Know the Philippine Rugby Team

Austin Dacanay is a member of Philippine Volcanoes- Philippine Rugby Football Union.


Austin Dacanay

Position: Loosehead prop

At 34, Austin is the oldest player on the team, hence the nickname “Lolo Austy”. The ever-dependable anchor of the scrum was raised in Canada, where he learned to play rugby in the arctic winds. Today he lives in Florida where it’s much warmer, and where he has a successful practice as a chiropractor.

“Each and every time I leave for a tour, I am torn about having to leave my practice in the capable hands of my employees, but I get so much support from my family, friends, and patients that I feel comfortable doing it. Once I get back, everyone is so interested in hearing the stories from abroad and living vicariously through me. It is my way of connecting with my patients and show them that I am human, and that I care and am sympathetic to their new and daily adventures with their health.” source:mb.com.ph



Comments