Oprah Winfrey says Miss Philippines Shamcey Supsup deserved to win the Title of Miss Universe 2011

The host of the Miss Universe said Shamcey's answer in the Q&A portion blew her away and Oprah Winfrey have the same opinion:

Oprah Winfrey allegedly quoted via NBC News:
"I have reservations with the results. If the only basis is the Q and A portion, after having been trimmed down to 5, Ms. Philippines deserved to win. What made her different from the rest is that she had no seconds to rethink of her answer as she had no interpreter to break the ice. The rest had their interpreters and having breaks on seconds to think about their answers. Hands down, Ms. Philippines answered straight to the point."
Question:  "Would you change your religious beliefs to marry the person that you love? Why or why not?"

Answer: "If I had to change my religious beliefs, I would not marry the person that I love because the first person I love is God, who created me. I have my faith and my principles, and this is what makes me who I am. And if that person loves me, he should love my God, too."

source: minstsreen

If you want to know if the judges of the Miss Universe 2011 is preparing their own questions, Miss Lea Salonga, one of the judges in 2011 Miss Universe has an answer to that via her twitter:
Lea Salonga
Just so you all know, I didn't not write my question. All our questions are pre-written and each judge is assigned one. Luck of the draw.
Watch Shamcey Supsup's answer in Q&A Portion of Miss Universe 2011:





MISS UNIVERESE 2011 RESULTS:

Miss Universe 2011 Official Top 16 candidates, in no particular order:
France - Laury Thilleman
Kosovo - Afërdita Dreshaj
Colombia - Catalina Robayo
China - Luo Zilin
Angola - Leila Lopes
Australia - Scherri-Lee Biggs
Puerto Rico - Viviana Ortiz
Brazil - Priscila Machado
Netherlands - Kelly Weekers
USA - Alyssa Campanella
Ukraine - Olesya Stefanko
Panama - Sheldry Sáez
Costa Rica - Johanna Solano
Philippines - Shamcey Supsup
Venezuela - Vanessa Gonçalves
Portugal - Laura Gonçalves (Fan Vote Winner)


Top 10 finalists:Australia - Scherri-Lee Biggs
Costa Rica - Johanna Solano
France - Laury Thilleman
Ukraine - Olesya Stefanko
Portugal - Laura Gonçalves (Fan Vote Winner)
Panama - Sheldry Sáez
Philippines - Shamcey Supsup
Angola - Leila Lopes
China - Luo Zilin
Brazil - Priscila Machado

Top 5 Finalists:
Ukraine - Olesya Stefanko
Philippines - Shamcey Supsup
China - Luo Zilin
Brazil - Priscila Machado
Angola - Leila Lopes

Miss Universe 2011: Angola - Leila Lopes
1st Runner-Up: Ukraine - Olesya Stefanko
2nd Runner-Up: Brazil - Priscila Machado
3rd Runner-Up: Philippines - Shamcey Supsup
4th Runner-Up: China - Luo Zilin

Watch here the web interview for Miss Philippines, Shamcey Supsup:


UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 14, 2011
Reports says that the alleged Oprah Winfrey quote about her reservations for the results of the 2011 Miss Universe beauty pageant is a hoax. See report here! Nevertheless weather it is true or not. Shamcey Supsup is the Miss Universe winner for all the Filipino people.

Comments