Andy Roddick Announced Retirement after U.S. Open 2012

After 3-Time US Open Champion Kim Clijsters bids goodbye to Tennis at the US Open 2012 another  US Open Champion Andy Roddick is also set to retire after the US Open 2012.

When asked about what he will miss most he answered, “All you guys,” referring to the media

During his career Roddick won 32 career ATP World Tour titles. He became No. 1 in the world in November 2003 and ended the year as the youngest American to do so at 21 years and three months.

“I have decided that this is going to be my last tournament,” Roddick said. “I don’t know if I’m healthy enough or committed enough to continue another year. I’ve always wanted to, in a perfect world, finish at this event. I have a lot of family and friends here. I’ve thought all year that I would know when I got to this tournament. When I was playing my first round, I knew.”

Comments