Video- Enrile delivers privilege speech on the 'cash gift' issue

Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile delivers privilege speech on the Christmas 'cash gift' issue on January 21-Monday.

Enrile accuses a newspaper of making sure he will "forever be known & remembered as a liar, a traitor, a thief & a villain".

According to Enrile "I never bribed anyone to gain support for myself, much less with the money of the people" He added "One of my enemies carry the tagline "balanced news, fearless views".

"I do not run away like those who make a show of it in hotels, like a dog with tail in behind", referring to Senator Trillanes?

"The very talk [of bribery] repulses me truly but apparently thinks everything and everyone in the Senate has a price tag".

"As I have repeatedly said in the past, I serve at the pleasure of the majority of my colleagues. I claim no vested right to this post".

Later, Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile on Monday decided to leave his post, only to be rejected by the members of the chamber. Through a 10-3 vote, the Senate likewise rejected the motion. The three who voted for Enrile to vacate the post are him and Senators Antonio Trillanes IV and Koko Pimentel.

Video of Senator Enrile's privilege speech will be posted here once it becomes available online. Meanwhile you can read the Full Transcript of Senator Enrile's privilege speech, HERE!

Comments