Video- Rafael Nadal beat Novak Djokovic in 2013 US Open Finals

The final tennis Major of the year comes to an end and Rafael Nadal caps off an amazing hardcourt season with the US Open title.

Spain's, Rafael Nadal claimed his second US Open title and 13th Grand Slam crown on Monday when he defeated world number one Novak Djokovic, 6-2, 3-6, 6-4, 6-1 in a lung-busting final.

Rafael Nadal: I'm very emotional. My team knows how much this match means to me. Playing against Novak is always a very special feeling and nobody brings my game to the limit like he does. You (Djokovic) are having an amazing career. I'm sure you will finish your career being one of the best in history.


AFP photo

Monday’s win also earned him a total of $3.6 million, which takes his career earnings through the $60 million mark, and also edged him closer to Roger Federer’s record of 17 majors and put him one behind Pete Sampras.

Comments