Chris Tiu Retiring on PBA- Statement

Chris Tiu confirmed on his blog about the issue of retiring. I believe that its on the RoS Management hands now. Rain or Shine interested in retaining Chris Tiu amid retirement talk: ‘He's welcome to stay’.

According to InterAksyon report, with talk of the possible retirement of Chris Tiu rife on Thursday, the Rain or Shine franchise expressed its interest in bringing back the player in case he decides to hold off from hanging up his sneakers.

Speculation about Tiu’s retirement heated up after the Elasto Painters’ elimination from the PBA Governors’ Cup on Wednesday night. Tiu, whose contract will expire in the offseason, had previously intended to play for just one contract period before calling it quits.


His statement, sent to GMA News Online, follows in full. 
If you're asking about my PBA status, first of all, you have to ask ROS mgt if they are still interested to renew my contract. I cannot just assume that they will keep me. We have not spoken yet.
I initially intended to play in the PBA for just one contract period but now I'm reconsidering because I never thought I would enjoy playing basketball this much in this level. 1) My teammates are just fun to be with & they are amazing players 2) owners & management are very easy to deal with and they are like family. No nonsense politics. 3) I like Coach Yeng's style of running a team and his basketball philosophy. I've been learning a lot and it's only recently that I've really been able to adjust & get my confidence & rhythm going somewhat. 4) The ROS fans are amazing.

As much as playing pro ball is enjoyable, it is also taxing physically, mentally and emotionally which may compromise my quality of work with my other commitments.

At the end of the day, I am truly grateful to the Lord, the team, the fans and the support of my family. I trust in God's plan & I pray that I will do what He wants of me.

Comments