Scammer Alert "January Bonus from GCash!"

 Early this morning when I opened my e-mail account and saw this e-mail from supposed to be GCash stating that I have been rewarded 3,500 Php and that I should have a minimum balance of  500 Php in my account to claim my prize.

I almost click the link of the image with "explore: but the moment I check the sender's email which is  "vieira@host01.vercan.com.br", I know already that it was a scam.

So we have to be aware of when opening our e-mail because sometimes the e-mail looks legit but we have to check first the sender's e-mail address to make sure it is not a 'phishing' e-mail.

It looks legit because they copied 'GCash' theme. Becasue there's aa new law that requires users to register their SIMs in the Philippines to strengthen protection from the growing spam and scam messages sent every day. Scammers are now diverting to another platform which is thru e-mail.

This is the zoomed email addresss of the sender.


Comments