Marlisa Punzalan wins X Factor Australia- Announcement of Winner

Watch the X Factor Australia Grand Finals announcement of Winner. Punzalan at 15 is the youngest winner of the singing-talent search.

For the finals, Punzalan competed against Dean Ray and Brothers 3. She was mentored by former Boyzone member Ronan Keating.

After the eliminations of Carter in week five and Shadbolt in week nine, Punzalan became the last remaining contestant in Keating's category. During the semi-final week, she landed in the bottom two for the first time with Reigan Derry and performed John Farnham's version of The Beatles' "Help!" in the final showdown. After the judges' vote went to deadlock, it was revealed that Punzalan received the most public votes and was put through to the grand final. During the grand final decider show on 20 October 2014, Punzalan was announced as the winner of the sixth series, becoming the first contestant from the Under 25 Girls category to win.
According to GMA News report, Punzalan is very grateful of her achievement "Thank you so much, everyone who voted and everyone who supported me, thank you so much. I couldn't have gotten this far without out. Thank you so so so much. I can't thank you enough. Thank you so much, I love you all!" Punzalan, a daughter of two Filipino migrants in Australia, said in a video message to her supporters.


Meanwhile Marlia Ann on her facebook account posted: 
"My X Factor Journey has been incredible because of the beautiful people around me. To my loving family, thank you for standing by me through thick and thin, you are my rock and my strength!

Also, behind the scenes are passionate and dedicated professionals and I thank all the crew at X Factor for the unbelievable effort they put into the best talent show in Australia.

Thank you also for the rare opportunity that Sony Music Entertainment presents to ordinary Australians like me starting a career in music.

Thank you to Ronan Keating for believing in my ability and nurturing my talent, I have enjoyed every single day of working with you.

And to all my supporters, thank you for getting behind me every single week, for I will not be where I am today without your support. And to The Lord above, I thank Him for everything."

Meanwhile you can watch Marlisa's performance of her Single "Stand By You", please click HERE!


In less than 24 hours Marlisa Ann stand by you is Number 1 in iTunes (Haters says she cannot be number one on the chart)
►►►
Top Songs Full Australian Songs chart
1.Marlisa - Stand By You
2.Jessica Mauboy - Can I Get a Moment?
3.Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud
4.The Veronicas - You Ruin Me
5.Taylor Swift - Shake It Off
6.Guy Sebastian - Mama Ain't Proud
7.Dean Ray - Bette Davis Eyes
8.Olly Murs - Wrapped Up
9.The Script - Superheroes
10.Calvin Harris - Outside

Marlisa's latest world wide iTunes chart. Stand By You
#1 Australia
#1 Philippines
#1 Qatar
#1 United Arab Emirates
#5 Saudi Arabia
#5 Singapore
#59 Hong Kong
#60 Bermuda
#117 Norway
#118 Sweden
#167 Macau

Comments